Do you wish to make your arms a little less flabby? O perhaps you want to add some shape into those thin arms? How much confident are you with your arms? It is not just the shapely legs and washboard tummy that most people want to have. Sexy and super-toned arms are actually considered as one of the pre-requisites before you can confidently flaunt a perfectly-fit bod.
If you wish to get “picture-ready” arms, then let us share you the easiest yet ultimately effective arm workouts so you can have the best arms ever!
Best Exercise To Get Toned Arms
No need to worry about fat and flabby arms. Try these best arm exercises that will not just make them toned but will also help you feel better and look fabulously fit!
- Basic Arm Exercises
- Arm Circle – Simply stand straight and extend your arms out to the sides. Ensure that your feet are flat at the ground hip-width apart while arms are in a 90-degree angle to the body. Slowly move your arms in a rotation movement wherein you’ll be creating small circles. Afterward, reverse the motion and you can level it up by creating bigger circles if you want. This routine will particularly target your shoulders, triceps, and biceps. You can perform this as much as you can though don’t forget to take a break before the reverse motion.
- Dips – One of the common arms exercises wherein you don’t need to use dumbbells or any other gym equipment. Though you have to at least find a chair or bench for support so you can perform this routine. Simply start by sitting on a chair or a bench. Place your hands at your sides. Make sure that you properly straighten out your arms and your legs are extended straight out in front of you. Slowly lift your bottom or butt off the bench or chair you are currently sitting. Put the pressure on your hands to push yourself off the sitting position. Then lower your butt towards the floor so your elbows should be bent in a specific angle. But it doesn’t have to be in a 90-degree angle, as long as how far you can go low so your bottom will be directed towards to the floor. Hold for a few seconds and slowly push-up until your arms are straight again and back to the first sitting position. It is somehow like a reverse way of push-up and if you are a bit of a beginner you can make it easier by bending your legs instead of straightening them.
- Push-Up Routines
- “Roll-the-Ball” for Uneven Push Up – If you are bored with the Classic Push-Up, you can try challenging yourself with one of the fun and amazing push-up routines like this one. All it takes is a ball. Any kind of ball will do but just make sure that it is appropriately sized – not too big and not too small. Soccer ball and Basketball ball are good examples or if don’t have one you can try using a stack of a book as a substitute. Start in a plank position and place your one hand on the ball or the stack of books while your other one is firmly pressed unto the floor. Tighten your core as you squeeze your shoulders and then slowly lower your body toward the floor. Make sure that you keep your elbows in while doing the routine. Push yourself back up and pass the ball to your other hand so you can simultaneously challenge both of your arms. It is recommended to perform this uneven push-up 5 times for each side.
- Wall Push Up – For most beginners, it can be a bit difficult to do push-ups. It is alright particularly if you just have recently decided to be active. However, you can also perform push-up if you really wish to do arm exercises. So try this vertical style of push-up wherein you’ll only need a wall to do the routine. Simply face a wall and stand in a considerable distance wherein you can still reach it. Place your palms firmly press to the wall in a push-up position. Slowly bend your elbows so you can bring yourself closer to the wall. Breathe in as you do this movement and then breathe out as you push yourself off the wall. Repeat this routine for 5 reps.
- Handstand and Head-stands
- Classic Routine – This exercise targets your balance skill and a great arm exercise. Whether it is a handstand or a headstand, both will challenge your upper-arm strength because you are required to position your body to be properly aligned and keep it upside-down. If you are a novice for this kind of exercise, you can perform it against a wall.
First, try doing a handstand. Place your hands firmly press on the floor. They must be shoulder-width apart. Put strength on your arms as you lift your legs towards the ceiling and aligned with the wall. Make sure to keep your elbows straight and balance your body as much as you can. Hold the position for a few minutes and then bring one leg down to get out of the handstand position.
For headstand, you must strengthen your core muscles and then crouch down in front of the wall. Position your head between your elbows that are placed in a shoulder-width apart. Put your weight to your forearms and clasp your hands together. Then courageously lift your legs up against the wall; wherein one at a time is recommended. For this pose, make sure that your arms muscles are positioned in an upward lifting motion so as to keep the top of your head off the floor.
- Routines using Dumbbells
- Arnold Dumbbell Press – You can perform this routine on standing stance or in a sitting position, whichever you prefer. Prepare two 5 up to 10-pound dumbbells on each hand and let them hang first with your arms at the side. Tighten your core and then slowly curl the dumbbells towards your body in a shoulder height. Turn them outwards so you’ll be forming a 90-degree angle with each of your elbows. Then lift them all the way up. Make sure to breath out when you perform this movement. The dumbbells will now be over your head forming the overhead press. Hold it in place for a few seconds and then lower the dumbbells back to the original position. Remember to breathe in as you do this movement. For people with lower back issues, it is recommended to perform this routine in a sitting position.
- Standing Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension – Begin this routine by standing up with dumbbells on each hand. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart and then slowly put your arms above your head. The resistance will be resting on your palms while it is facing up in the direction of the ceiling. Remember to keep your arms close to your head while your elbows are perpendicular to the floor. Slowly drop your hands down until your forearms touch your biceps. Make sure that you breathe in as you do this step. Hold it for a few seconds and then breathe out while you retrace your arms straight back up. As you lift the dumbbells, only your forearms should move. Perform this routine for 10 reps.
- Effective Yoga Poses
- Downward Dog to High Plank – You can start sculpting your arms with this yoga move. First, you have to be on all fours wherein your hand is directly under your shoulders while your knees directly under your hips. Slowly walk your hands a few inches forward with your fingers spread wide as you press your palms unto the yoga mat. You have to create an inverted V by curling your toes under and pressing your hips towards the ceiling. Shoulders are pressed away from the ears. Also, make sure that your feet are hip-width apart while slightly bending your knees. Once you have completed the Downward Dog pose, shift your hips forward so you will be creating a straight line. Your shoulders should now be directly over your wrists and are also aligned with your toes. Hold the position for one breath and then you can start the initial pose again. It is recommended to repeat this yoga move four times.
- Chatturanga Push Up – Start from a high plank position and then slowly lower your chest. Your arms should be forming a 90-degree angle while you hold your core tight. Next, squeeze your triceps so it will slightly graze your ribs. Hold it for a few seconds then push away from the floor in order to return to the high plank position. Perform this yoga move for at least 5 reps.
Be updated with fitness facts and other effective workout tips through our Blog. We also set the inline style for most amazing and chic workout clothes so don’t forget to check our Shop. Get exclusive offers, discounts and more if you join our VIP membership club. So sign-up today!